SPOTLIGHT HOTEL INVESTMENT POLAND
- The socio-economic and political background – impact on hospitality and tourism.
- Hotel market in Poland – new projects, occupancy, rates, etc.
- Is Poland a homogeneous market – hotel and tourism map of Poland.
- Who stays in Polish hotels – trends, threats and prospects.
- The MICE market in Poland.
Gonzalo Duarte Silva, General Manager, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Poland
Gilles Clavie, President and Chief Executive Officer, Orbis SA
Rune Askevold, Managing Director, Puro Hotels
Jakub Klimczak, Business Development Manager, STR Global
Andrzej Wójcik, Vice-President, Satoria Group
Krzysztof Celuch, President, Poland Convention Bureau
Moderator: Wojciech Liszka, President, MPI Poland
- What and how to build to maximize return and minimize the risk.
- Means to ensure long term flexibility in use of a hotel project.
- Construction cost of hotel project in comparison with residential and office projects.
- Conversion – hotels in old office and industrial buildings.
- Mixed-use projects – hotels by shopping centres, railway station and office parks. Possible synergies?
- Development Road Map – What are the key steps to ensuring a smooth journey from business plan to operating and beyond?
Johannes Bauer, Asset Management CEE, S+B Gruppe AG
Sebastian Wolff, Director Technical Services, Hotels Asset Management
Andrzej Michalik, Managing Partner, PRC Architekci
Dr. Andrzej Chełchowski, Partner, Miller Canfield
Astrid Schafleitner, Development, Motel One
Łukasz Płoszyński, Member of the Board, Focus Hotels
Moderator: Richard Stephens, Founder & Editor-in-Chief, Poland Today Magazine
The session will start with a presentation by Mateusz Czerwiński, Director of the Warsaw Convention Bureau, who will engage with the MICE & hospitality industry to hear their wishes and requirements.
Then there will be an open dialogue between the hotel industry and Michał Olszewski, the Vice Mayor of Warsaw, and including Olgierd Jagiełło from JEMS Architekci, the architecture firm which designed the International Congress Centre in Katowice. The session will be moderated by Wojciech Liszka, President, MPI Poland (Meetings Professionals International).
- What size should the new congress centre be and what functions should it have?
- What impact would the congress centre have on the city’s economy and on other infrastructure investment projects such as hotel industry and airport activities.
- Does Warsaw have the chance to compete with Vienna or Berlin?
- What type of events could be organized in the new congress centre?
- Development plans of hotel chains in Poland and CEE. New concepts, new chains, new trends.
- Is Polish market ready for new products such as Kempinski, Raffles or Four Seasons?
- What are the different types of management contracts, how do chains adjust to developers’ and financial institutions’ expectations.
- Franchise vs. affiliation agreement.
Christian Hribar, Director Hotel Development, Worldhotels
Murat Yilmaz, Director, Development, EAME Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide
Bruno Leroy, Development Director Germany & CEE , Choice Hotels
Magdalena Sekutowska, Director Development Eastern Europe, Hilton Worldwide
Małgorzata Morek, Franchise Development Director Poland, Baltic States, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Orbis/Accor
Miguel Martins, Development Director for Poland, InterContinental Hotels Group
Marcin Woźniak, Business Development Director, IBB
Moderator: Adam Konieczny, Country Head Poland, Christie + Co.
- Hotel investment introduction – yields, contract forms and guarantees, who are the investors, what are they looking for?
- Prospects for the market – will there be more transactions?
- When earning in PLN and paying rent in EUR – how do you hedge against the F/X risk?
- Why don’t Polish funds invest in hotel projects? What would encourage them?
- What role does an operator or a franchisor play in maximizing ROI?
Stephane Obadia, Development Director, Algonquin
Ascan Kokai, Director Fund Management, Hotels, INVESCO Real Estate
Dr. Rudolf Grossmayer, Asset Manager Hotelbeteiligungen, UBM Realitätenentwicklung Aktiengesellschaft
Frank Hildwein, Head of Hotel Acquisitions & Sales bei Deka Immobilien
Martin Schaller, Union Investment Real Estate GmbH, Head of Division, Asset Management Hotel
Wojciech Szybkowski, Partner, CMS Cameron McKenna
17:15 - 18:00 Financing Session
- Financing for hotel development projects – who is on the market, what requirements should we expect in terms of LTV, DSCR, margins, products?
- Accessibility of financing for investors interested in purchasing existing projects.
- There are more and more investors buying with equity – in longer term, will that restrain the banks from dictating terms?
- What projects would banks like to see in their portfolios – in terms of location, size, type of agreement, etc.
19:00 Cocktail party at the Hotel Sofitel Victoria Warsaw