SPOTLIGHT HOTEL INVESTMENT POLAND
11:00 Polish Hotel Market – Introduction
- The socio-economic and political background – impact on hospitality and tourism.
- Hotel market in Poland – new projects, occupancy, rates, etc.
- Is Poland a homogeneous market – hotel and tourism map of Poland.
- Who stays in Polish hotels – trends, threats and prospects.
- The MICE market in Poland.
12:00 Development Session
- What and how to build to maximize return and minimize the risk.
- Means to ensure long term flexibility in use of a hotel project.
- Construction cost of hotel project in comparison with residential and office projects.
- Conversion – hotels in old office and industrial buildings.
- Mixed-use projects – hotels by shopping centres, railway station and office parks. Possible synergies?
13:00 Networking buffet lunch
14:00 Chain Session
- Development plans of hotel chains in Poland and CEE. New concepts, new chains, new trends.
- Is Polish market ready for new products such as Kempinski, Raffles or Four Seasons?
- What are the different types of management contracts, how do chains adjust to developers' and financial institutions' expectations.
- Franchise vs. affiliation agreement.
15:15 Coffee break
15:45 Investment Session
- Hotel investment introduction – yields, contract forms and guarantees, who are the investors, what are they looking for?
- Prospects for the market – will there be more transactions?
- When earning in PLN and paying rent in EUR – how do you hedge against the F/X risk?
- Why don't Polish funds invest in hotel projects? What would encourage them?
- What role does an operator or a franchisor play in maximizing ROI?
- DEVELOPMENT ROAD MAP – What are the key steps to ensuring a smooth journey from business plan to operating and beyond?
16:45 Financing Session
- Financing for hotel development projects – who is on the market, what requirements should we expect in terms of LTV, LTC, DSCR, margins, products?
- Accessibility of financing for investors interested in purchasing existing projects.
- There are more and more investors buying with equity – in longer term, will that restrain the banks from dictating terms?
- What projects would banks like to see in their portfolios – in terms of location, size, type of agreement, etc.
18:00 Networking express
19:00 Cocktail party